In the early years of the 19thC the farm was bought by Matteo Thun a financer and supporter of Garibaldi who extensively restored the property to its present state: three separate structures , the barn, the winery and living quarters.
For a few years the property passed into the hands of the Chini family. These were descendants of the famous Eusebio who left Trentino for his voyage as missionary astronomer and explorer of the new world. We like to imagine that the young Kino passed by the “Maso Chini” – now the cru for our special reserve Teroldego – on his way to map Mexico and teach the Californians the art of vine growing.
In 1855 the property was bought by Andreas Martinelli, a rich young man from the nearby Val di Non. In just a few years Andreas transformed the aging farm into a modern estate with business dealings across half of Europe enabling him to also buy the prestigious Palazzo Firmian (now the Town Hall) as his private residence.